Christmas is my favorite time.
The feeling that I get is - indescribable.
It didn't used to be so wonderful, and I don't know when that changed, but I am SO thankful it did.
Because now there is something about this time of year that calms my brain and soothes my soul; the smell of cookies and fresh pine, the beautiful lights, the fresh and new snow that falls gently to the ground, the crackle of a fire...
Are there many things in life that can beat how good it feels to be home surrounded by the people you love and a warmth that hugs your whole body, that makes its way up from your toes to the tip of your head to the point that you just can't help but smile?
I wish this feeling came around more often and that the genuine kindness and concern people show around the holidays didn't just happen once a year.
Still, it makes this time of year so much more special.
I love knowing that some things will never change and that some things will always remain untarnished.
I have been looking forward to watching White Christmas with my mom and sister since November...
I can't WAIT to decorate the house and listen to Christmas music, letting the smells and sounds fill the house...
Do you ever see that twinkle in the eyes of children this time of year and wonder; did I look like that when I was little?
I hope I still have that look; that I never lose sight of the joy in this mysterious and magical season.
May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white.
No comments:
Post a Comment