Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. - Calvin Coolidge

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To Scoot.

For those times when you have no idea what is going on. Or need to procrastinate. Or just want to go home and see your dog. You write in your blog... that I hope, for your sake, you have.

Last night I studied French with a friend and I learned an incredible amount. For example, the following is a list of vocabulary words and verbs that I need to know for tomorrow's test, followed by their definition.

un écran - to scoot
porter - to scoot
le gilet - to scoot


Apparently it is best, when you are doubting your second language abilities, to respond; to scoot. You are most certainly right if you respond "to scoot."


Last night I stayed up too late. This morning I got up too early. Right now I can't focus on studying because I genuinely do want to go home and see my dog. Who really cares about the "three different types of jealousy" or "Duck's Phases of Relationship Dissolution"? NOT ME, that's who.


So maybe, if I procrastinate till lunch, study for French, b.s. my way through my Coms. final... the world will be SPECTACULAR?


SHOW AND TELL!


1. http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuyyf97k4Qg
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iANRO3I30nM&feature=related



Je devrais étudier maintenant.


Avec amour, Emily







No comments:

Post a Comment